Learning Reiki for Yourself can Change Your Life!
Reiki is a form of energy healing that originated in Japan. It is a totally safe and natural practice, it can do no harm and works well with other forms of medicine, but it is so much more than that. Learning Reiki can begin a journey of self discovery and healing.
Reiki Level 1 Shoden – The Awakening
Reiki Level 1 is all about self healing and discovery. It is the beginning of a journey that can take you to a place of peace and well-being. I usually teach over a period of 5 weeks and it is a joy to see people grow and become lighter and less troubled over this period of time. Here are some of the ways that learning Reiki could be a force for good in your life.
- Lowering Stress. Conventional medicine is now catching up with the old ways and recognising that stress is a major cause of ‘dis-ease’. One of the things that stress does is to lower the gut microbiome and when this happens our immune system is lowered, thus opening the door for diseases. Bringing Reiki into your life allows you find find inner peace in a hectic world and provide inner clarity. As it is a journey our lives begin to evolve and we find ourselves in a place that we are able to make lifestyle changes for the better and let go of what is no longer in our best interests.
- Connection. It allows us to tap into a frequency of energy that works at healing mind, spirit, emotions and body. The energy comes from that part of ourselves that is connected to all living things, the Universe, Source energy. Learning Reiki allows us to build on that connection. And so the journey begins. Albert Einstein first noticed an energetic connection between objects even when vast distances were between them. He called this ‘Spooky action at a distance.’ The more scientific name for it is Quantum Entanglement. Here is an article that explains it better than I can as I am not a Quantum Physicist! Sciencemag.org
- Spirituality. Reiki is not a religion, but it is a practice that brings you closer to your Higher Self. When we are able to tap into our Higher Self we being more intuitive allows us to see things differently, it allows us to listen to our gut feelings and trust them. Life is like a giant jigsaw puzzle and when we access our spiritual nature and lot of our pieces of the jigsaw fit into place!
- Self Treating. Learning Reiki level 1 enables you to be able to give yourself treatments. There is nothing quite like a treatment from an experienced practitioner, but treating oneself, friends and family can be a life changer. Throughout my Reiki journey since 2001 I have treated myself most days. I have been able to speed up recovery from surgery and injuries, get rid of menstrual cramps and other aches and pains; above all else it has allowed me to mentally and emotionally cope with the challenges that life gives to each and every one of us.
- Your True Path. People often find that when they begin to tread the Reiki path new opportunities begin to open up for them in their lives and career paths. Our lives are transient nothing stays the same, you are not the same person that you were yesterday, your biological make up has changed slightly, you have had new experiences. Reiki is not a magic wand that will change your life overnight, but if it is embraced you will find that as you change so you will attract different things into your life and let go of others that are not serving you.
- “The art of inviting happiness.” Isn’t that what everyone wants? To be happy, but in our western society many people don’t have the tools in their life kit to facilitate this. The founder of Reiki Mikao Usui described it as “The art of inviting happiness.” He was the embodiment of this and this is something that as a Reiki Master I also embrace. This doesn’t mean that my life is free of difficulties and challenges, but BEING REIKI enables me to work through each one and see the positive even in the hardest of times. This may sound a little ‘fluffy’ but it is a simple fact and I am grateful that Reiki has enabled me to experience it. Happiness is found when we understand the bigger picture and understand what part we, as individuals, play in this.
When you learn Reiki level 1 at Natural Healing for Life you will begin a voyage of self discovery. I teach the history of Reiki, the 5 pillars of Reiki, how to use Reiki to treat yourself, family and friends (and family animals). You will learn specific meditation techniques to help your practice grow strong and we will examine the emotional / mental links to disease; this can be quite an eye opening moment for many people. You will be given a comprehensive full colour manual and be able to attend a regular Reiki share group. My students are able to access ongoing support and membership of a closed facebook group that gives support, exclusive events and special offers.
There are many types of Reiki and many different styles of teaching, it is important that any individual chooses a teacher that they are comfortable with – this will enhance the beginning of the Reiki journey.