Surviving Christmas with your Human – A dog’s Point of View
Here is our christmas list to you – love from your dogs x
- If you are going out visiting family and friends for a while please give us a walk and feed us before you go. Sometimes we get lonely, sad and bored and this makes us do certain things that our humans don’t like such as; barking, chewing things like the sofa, or sometimes we try to come and find you by attempting to knock the door down.
- If you are going to leave us for a long time please could you arrange for a friend to come in, give us a cuddle and let us out for the loo. Just because we don’t pee on the carpet doesn’t mean that we are not uncomfortable and bursting!
- If we have visitors to our home give us a place we can go and escape for peace and quiet if we need to.
- If your visitors annoy you, please don’t take it out on us – it isn’t our fault.
- If you leave tasty food lying around we are likely to do a taste test and if it tastes good we might just eat it all – bit like you with a nice glass of wine or some chocolate!
- Some of the stuff you eat is poisonous to us – we don’t know the difference between toxic and safe.
- Please don’t give us alcohol it is toxic and makes us feel ill.
- Last one! We are family, we love you 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Please do the same for us.
Enjoy your Christmas so that we can too. x
I am a Reiki Master, healer, Lightworker, writer and a seeker of the spiritual gifts of the Universe. Specialising in animal healing and communication, Reiki for people, inspirational blog, www.lesleycollinson.com, meditation lessons, workshops and spiritual life guidance. I have a background in canine behaviour. I believe firmly that although life gives us challenges we don’t have to be broken by them. I aim to bring back balance in a hectic world through simple, gentle yet effective techniques. My Websites offer information about Reiki treatments for people, www.naturalhealingforlife.org, and animals, www.animalhealingsussex.org, workshops and meditation lessons in East Sussex, UK. Reiki is a wonderful complimentary therapy that works well alongside conventional therapies and can assist all manner of problems from emotional, physical and spiritual.